- Our guiding principle is to run a daily market of ethically-produced food and non-food products grown and made by local professional and community.
- Producers – “Local” means within 50 miles radius of our Prime Location
- Stallholders’ production methods must have minimal adverse environmental impact and conform to recognized standards of sustainability and animal welfare.
- The market will monitor standards through stall inspections, questionnaires and site visits.
- We will give preference to producers of local, seasonal and organic products.
- Relevant certificates (e.g. Soil Association certification) must be displayed
- Where core seasonal vegetables are not available locally they can be sourced non-locally in this order:
- The rest of our Prime Location’s county;
- Adjacent counties;
- The rest of the UK;
- Mainland Europe.
- The county or country of origin of non-local produce must be clearly displayed.
- Secondary food or craft products must be processed by the stallholder using at least one local ingredient. The base ingredients must be substantially altered by this process.
- No part of a product may be air-freighted except minimal amounts with market permission
- No genetically modified products or ingredients may be used or sold in any product
- All stalls will be staffed by at least one person directly involved in or fully knowledgeable about the growing/making of the produce/product who is able to answer customers’ questions about their products and their ingredients.
- Locality rules do not apply to ethical enterprises (e.g. Fairtrade or similar organisations and environmentally-friendly cleaning products)
- We encourage recycling second-hand products (e.g. books, clothing). These must be locally sourced
- The market reserves the right to refuse market space to stalls whose aims or products it considers inappropriate to its aims and values
NOTE: THESE ARE OUR INTENTIONS
Statements made in on this page explain what we are attempting to achieve.
At this time no site is up and running.
If you wish to discuss anything on this page you can use : contact us form